Self-manufacture of PET bottles has grown in popularity with beverage producers. The ability to produce bottles, on demand, at the point of filling offers a myriad of advantages. Cost containment, reduced warehousing and transportation costs, improved inventory control and increased production flexibility are but a few of these advantages.
(Photo credit: Agr)
Process Performance Optimization Group
Agr International creates new division focused on assisting PET bottle self-manufacturers optimize their production operations
The Agr Process Performance Optimization Group offers technical assistance to maximize the productivity and efficiency of PET blowing and beverage production lines.
Overcoming blowmolding challengesThe Agr Process Performance and Optimization Group was established to provide self-manufacturers with a go-to resource to help overcome some of the everyday challenges in producing their own bottles. The approach of the Process Group is somewhat different than what is traditionally offered by the blowmolder manufacturers. The Agr Process group takes a holistic approach towards optimization that not only focuses on the blowmolder, but goes beyond to understand issues affecting the efficiency of the entire production line. Since Agr is not affiliated with any specific brand of blowmolder, the group can provide whole plant assistance in operations that have different blowmolder brands in the same facility.
- Blowmolder management and optimization – individual assessment of individual blowing lines
- Effective use of basic quality tools for blowmolder management
- Optimizing Pilot Profiler® and Process Pilot® automated tools to manage blowmolder and production quality
- Production line auditing and optimization planning
- Job-specific services such as recipe design and startup assistance