| Business function | Krones | Neutraubling | Germany
Facts & Figures
Krones plans to pay a dividend of €0.75 per share for 2019
- Krones publishes 2019 Annual Report and confirms preliminary figures.
- Consolidated revenue up 2.7% in 2019 to €3.96 billion. Order intake, at €4.08 billion, up 3.2% year-on-year.
- EBT margin is 1.1% (previous year: 5.3%). EBT margin of 2.8% without one-time effects in line with guidance of around…
| Business function | Arca Continental | Monterrey | Mexico
Arca Continental recognized for its commitment to quality
Arca Continental received the 2020 National Quality Award, which is granted by the Mexican Ministry of the Economy and managed by the Institute for the Promotion of Total Quality, for the company’s commitment to continuous improvement and excellence.
| Business function | Indorama Ventures | Watthana, Bangkok | Thailand
Indorama Ventures aims to grow PET recycling business
Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited (IVL), a global chemical producer, announced its full year and fourth quarter 2019 financial results as follows.
| Business function | Krones AG | Neutraubling | Germany
Facts & Figures
Krones achieves full-year growth target for 2019
- Despite difficult overall economic conditions, consolidated revenue increased in 2019 by 2.7% to €3.96 billion.
- Order intake, at €4.08 billion, was up 3.2% year-on-year.
- Profitability affected by high personnel costs and one-time expenses for restructuring and impairments. The EBT margin is 1.1%…
| Business function | Natural Source Waters Association | London | United Kingdom
Research shows term ‘single-use plastic’ is having negative impact and confusing consumers about what to recycle
Research (1) conducted on behalf of the Natural Source Waters Association (NSWA) highlights the negative impact of using the term ‘single-use plastic’ when talking about drinks packaging. Nearly half (46%) of those questioned said they thought that the term ‘single-use plastic’ meant the item…
| Business function | Britvic | Hertfordshire | United Kingdom
Britvic announces first sustainability linked financing deal
- Britvic has secured its first sustainability-linked credit facility of £400m
- The deal links Britvic’s progress towards sustainability targets to the cost of the debt facility, with any consequent changes to the margin being donated to charities
- This is one of the first sustainability-linked…
| Business function | Bühler AG | Uzwil | Switzerland
Annual results 2019: new Consumer Food segment outperforms expectations
Bühler reports good performance in 2019
In 2019, Bühler delivered good performance at Group level, increasing the EBIT margin to 7.6% (previous year: 7.1%). Turnover was stable at CHF 3.3 billion while order intake decreased by 4.6% to CHF 3.1 billion. The newly-formed Consumer Foods segment, which was created after the acquisition of the…
| Business function | PET to PET Recycling Österreich GmbH | Müllendorf | Austria
Facts & Figures
PET to PET annual balance 2019: new recycling record - over 26,000 tons of PET material recycled
- Around 26,300 t of PET material are recycled
- Circular economy "made in Austria": PET to PET Recycling Österreich GmbH as an international best practice
- Collective appeal to consumers: Every PET bottle back in the cycle
| Business function | Nestlé | Vevey | Switzerland
Nestlé creates market for food-grade recycled plastics, launches fund to boost packaging innovation
Nestlé announced that it will invest up to CHF 2 billion to lead the shift from virgin plastics to food-grade recycled plastics and to accelerate the development of innovative sustainable packaging solutions.
| Business function | ICIS | London
UK R-PET colourless flake prices drop on virgin PET competition
According to ICIS colourless recycled polyethylene terephthalate (R-PET) spot prices have seen significant reductions because of pressure caused by low virgin PET prices, market sources said this week.
| Business function | Innovate UK | Swindon | United Kingdom
Innovate UK funds sustainable plastic packaging projects
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £1 million from the Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Programme for early-stage projects in smart and sustainable plastic packaging. The Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging (SSPP) Challenge aims to establish the UK as a leading…
| Business function | drink technology India | Mumbai | India
drink technology India strengthens its position as business and knowledge platform for the Indian beverage, dairy and liquid food industry
- New Delhi edition of drink technology India registers a 30 percent increase in space
- Record number of business deals negotiated at the fair
Stay updated with our weekly newsletter.
Double opt-in process. Please check your email.
First linear InnoPET BloFill ABF aseptic block from KHS satisfies current dairy requirements