Facts & Figures
Krones continues revenue growth in 2018 and significantly improves free cash flow
- Krones publishes its 2018 Annual Report and confirms its preliminary figures.
- Revenue increased by 4.4% to €3.85 billion. Order intake up 4.5% to €3.96 billion.
- EBT margin of 5.3% due to rising material and labour costs together with reorganisation expenses.
- Krones improves free cash flow by €271…
Krones attains growth target for 2018 financial year
- Revenue increased by 4.4% to €3.85 billion. Krones thus attained its 4% growth target. Order intake up 4.5% to €3.96 billion.
- Krones substantially improves free cash flow to €120.7 million.
- EBT margin of 5.3% in 2018 due to rising material and labour costs together with reorganisation and acquisition…
| Business function | Bühler AG | Uzwil | Switzerland
Facts & Figures
Bühler strengthens its strategic position and continues to grow
The Bühler Group continued its positive development in 2018. All businesses achieved organic growth. Haas was successfully integrated into the Bühler Group in 2018 and contributed to Bühler’s success. Group turnover increased by 22% to CHF 3.3 billion. The Bühler Group has further strengthened its…
| Facts & Figures | PET to PET Recycling | Müllendorf | Austria
PET to PET annual balance 2018: Over 1 billion PET bottles processed into recyclate
- More than 25,400 t of PET material recycled
- 9 % increase compared to 2017
- PET to PET Recycling Österreich GmbH as Best Practice of a functioning recycling economy for 12 years
- Collective call: Every PET bottle is a valuable raw material
| Facts & Figures | Petcore Europe | Brussels | Belgium
Annual recycling survey
2017 Survey on European PET Recycle Industry - 58.2 % of PET bottles collected
Out of 3.308.300 tonnes of PET bottles placed in the European market in 2017, 58.2% - in total 1.923.100 tonnes (+2.9 % compared to 2016) - were collected. This conclusion comes from the Annual Survey on the European PET Recycle Industry, conducted by ICIS and commissioned by Petcore Europe.
| Facts & Figures | Krones AG | Neutraubling | Germany
Facts & Figures
Krones reduces revenue and earnings forecast for 2018
- At the end of the first nine months, EBT is down by 17.0% to €139.4 million due to rising costs of goods and labour and to a one-time expense in connection with setting up our production location in Hungary.
- Based on the results and the current forecast, Krones is reducing its full year earnings…
| Facts & Figures | U.S. International Trade Commission | Washington, DC | United States
U.S. trade commission rejects anti-dumping duties on PET resin imports from five countries
The decision covers material imported from Brazil, Indonesia, Korea, Pakistan and Taiwan.
| Business function | EREMA | Ipswich | United States
Circular economy in action
EREMA North America stages industry symposium
EREMA North America's (ENA) recent Discovery Day generated a great deal of interest. The Technical Center in Ipswich, Massachusetts, became the meeting point for well-known companies spanning all sectors of the plastics industry. The focus of the discussions and demonstrations was on post-consumer…
| Business function | KHS | Dortmund | Germany
150 years of KHS: from equipment trader from Dortmund to global turnkey supplier
- KHS predecessor Holstein & Kappert founded 150 years ago
- Rise to one of the beverage industry’s market leaders
- Most recent developments focus on even more sustainability
| Business function | PMMI | Reston, VA | United States
Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame welcomes five new members
The Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame will welcome five new members as its 45th class at PACK EXPO International 2018 (Oct. 14–17 ; McCormick Place, Chicago), according to Hall of Fame coordinator and show producer PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies. This year’s…
| Business function | BASF SE | Ludwigshafen | Germany
Heat and drought: A challenge for production and logistics at the Ludwigshafen site
Due to the persistent high temperatures and low water levels in the Rhine, BASF SE has to adjust production and logistics at its Ludwigshafen site.
| Business function | Krones | Neutraubling | Germany
Facts & Figures
After a strong first half, Krones confirms outlook for growth and earning targets for 2018
- At €1,790.8 million, revenue was up 0.9% from the prior-year figure, which had been quite high due to timing.
- Order intake rose 13.2% to €2,014.8 million. Acquisitions had no significant impact on revenue or order intake in the first half.
- EBT decreased 6.9% to €112.7 million due to a one-time effect…
Stay updated with our weekly newsletter.
Double opt-in process. Please check your email.
Next step of collaboration to reduce plastic waste and fight poverty
Caps & Closures