| Sheets & Films | Interface Polymers | Loughborough | United Kingdom
Flexible Plastic Packaging Recycling
Interface Polymers secures major Innovate UK grant to enable high value recycling of multi-layer mixed plastic flexible packaging
Interface Polymers Ltd. has been awarded a £638K Innovate UK ‘Plastics Innovation: towards zero waste’industrial research grant to reduce mixed plastic waste by recycling multi-layer flexible plastic packaging back into high value uses.
| Recycling processes | PACCAR | Bellevue | United States
Closing the recycling cycle for PET trays
After the successful completion of the pilot project, PACCOR and Veolia are preparing to implement PET recycling trays on an industrial scale.
| Recycling processes | BASF | Ludwigshafen | Germany
BASF for the first time makes products with chemically recycled plastics
- Breaking new ground in the circular economy with plastic waste as a source of raw materials
- BASF promotes recycling of plastic waste
- Pilot products manufactured and certified with partners in the value chain
| Recycling processes | IK Industrievereinigung Kunststoffverpackungen | Bad Homburg | Germany
Recycling of PET trays: successful pilot project from IK
IK Industrievereinigung Kunststoffverpackungen e. V. announces the successful completion of a pilot project for the recycling of PET trays.
| Recycling processes | Petcore Europe | Brussels | Belgium
Design for recycling guidelines for PET trays published
Design for recycling guidelines for PET thermoformed trays "clear transparent to be recycled even in food applications”.
| Recycling technology | Gneuss Kunststofftechnik | Bad Oeynhausen | Germany
The Gneuss MRS recycling process: Approved for food packaging worldwide
Since the first “Letter of Non Objection” from the American FDA in 2009, the Gneuss recycling process based around the MRS extruder has received a large number of approvals for processing up to 100 % post- consumer and industrial polymer waste to food contact products.
| Recycling technology | Share Foods GmbH | Berlin | Germany
"share" introduces the first 100% recycled water bottle
- German start-up launches a plastic water bottle made from 100% recycled material
- Products placed in two major German retail chains
- According to the company, more than 200 tons of plastic waste per year are avoided
- Recyclate closures are announced to also follow within the next twelve months, for which...
| Recycling technology | Loop Industries | Terrebonne | Canada
Indorama Ventures and Loop Industries JV to introduce new era in PET and polyester recycling
- Indorama Ventures’ world-class manufacturing and Loop’s state-of-the-art recycling technology combined to invest in multi-billion dollar sustainable PET resin and polyester market opportunity
- Demand for supply of sustainable PET sees explosive growth from beverage and consumer packaged goods...
| Recycling processes | CARBIOS | Clermont-Ferrand | France
CARBIOS pursues its genuine revolution in the biorecycling of PET based plastics
- Time of PET hydrolysis reduced by one-third: 97% conversion in 16 hours
- Pilot-scale of PET hydrolysis now carried out in a reactor of 1,000 liters
| Recycling technology | EREMA | Ansfelden | Austria
EREMA: double the demand for edge trim recycling
EREMA offers a fully automatic processing system for edge trim with the proven INTAREMA® K. Sales have increased by 100 per cent compared to the previous financial year. More and more producers are reducing their material costs by recycling clean production waste.
| Recycling processes | Alpla | Hard/Wöllersdorf | Austria
ALPLA: PET Recycling Team further improves carbon footprint of rPET
PET pellets from post-consumer drink bottles provided by PET Recycling Team GmbH, a subsidiary of ALPLA, result in greenhouse gas emissions that are only a tenth of the level for new material. This has been confirmed in a recent investigation.
| Recycling technology | Starlinger | Vienna | Austria
Starlinger’s rPET PP*STAR: a real world star!
For many years, the PP*STAR, a pinch bottom bag produced on Starlinger machinery, has been known as a robust and attractive packaging solution for products such as dry pet food, fertilizer, sugar, flour, or rice. Since early 2017, the PP*STAR can be manufactured directly from PET bottle flakes,...
Stay updated with our weekly newsletter.