K exhibition in Düsseldorf from 19th to 26th October 2016 is a must for plastics processing industries and operators.
SMI could not miss this event, where to exhibit the most innovative solutions for the production of PET containers: the new EBS(Electronic Blowing System) ERGON series of fully electronic stretch-blow molders.
The new EBS ERGON series includes 7 models, from 4 to 16 cavities, suitable for the production of PET containers up to 3 liters, with a max output of 2,300 bottles per hour per cavity for the 0.5-liter format (still water) and 3 HC models, from 3 to 6 cavities, for the production of containers up to 10 liters, with a max output of 1,200 bottles per hour per cavity for the 5-liter format.
The new rotary blow-molders manufactured by SMI are compact, flexible and efficient, thanks to a series of high-tech innovations and cutting-edge automation solutions:
- compact frame, ensuring significant space saving in the bottling line;
- ergonomic and functional design, simplifying its running, cleaning and maintenance operations;
- new preform-heating module, featuring compact dimensions, horizontal frame of the preform-holding mandrels chain and a ventilation system that optimize the preform heating process;
- heat-reflecting and high energy-efficient panels made of composite materials, positioned both on the front and to the rear of the heat lamps, ensuring high reflection of the heat generated by the lamps and more uniform distribution of the heat on the preform's surface;
- stretch-blowmolding module equipped with motorized stretching rods, controlled by electronic drives with no need of mechanical cams. This innovation enables a precise descent of the stretching rod, an accurate control of its position, remarkable energy saving, reduced stress generated by the vibrations of mechanical components and easy and fast changeovers;
- high performance, low dead volume valves system, which reduces the pre-blowing and blowing times with consequent advantages in terms of machine's efficiency and quality of the final bottles;
- mold-holder opening/closing/locking system operated by a brushless motor, which avoids all inconveniences of traditional cam-based systems, thus improving the machine's efficiency and reliability.
Visit our stand 14/B69 at K exhibition, in order to see the new EBS ERGON blow-molder and discover the latest innovations within SMI product range.