The OptiCheck™ vision-based inspection and measurement system is designed to assist bottle producers manage bottle quality in a simple and easy fashion. The OptiCheck system’s cost effective, easy to operate and versatile approach, takes into consideration the day-to-day issues that face bottle producers, such as frequent product change-overs, color changes and a range of shapes and sizes. Unlike many other vision products, the OptiCheck™ system is designed specifically for the unique measurement and inspection requirements of plastic bottles and related containers. This offers a number of advantages to plastic bottle processors including:
- A ready-to-operate drop-in-place inspection system
- Proven bottle-specific test and measurement routines that eliminate the need for custom programming and high-level operator skills
- Illumination and imaging optimized for bottle inspection
- System support from engineers with extensive bottle inspection experience
The modular design of the OptiCheck™ system makes it possible to cost-effectively configure a system to meet today’s specific need without compromising the future. Modules can be added to the base system, expanding capabilities as necessary. Modules available include:
- Seal Surface – provides the assurance that the seal surface on molded and/or trimmed bottles is blemish free. This module can detect nicks, chips, scratches and unfilled finishes as well as ovality issues with ease.
- Finish Gauging – offers precision gauging for quality management of critical bottle finish dimensions such as A, T, E, H . . . This module is ideal for blow-trim bottles and those with critical finish/closure fit requirements.
- Sidewall defect management for transparent bottles – designed specifically for the unique imaging requirements of transparent containers, this module provides 360 deg. inspection coverage.
- Sidewall defect management for opaque/translucent bottles – a unique optical arrangement, in conjunction with LED lighting, makes full external coverage possible on bottles that are translucent or opaque, regardless of color. Folds, contamination, foreign materials, opaque spots, holes, missing or distorted features and other related defects can be easily detected with this module.
- Label inspection – is part of the opaque/translucent sidewall inspection module. The OptiCheck system treats the label as part of the bottle and it is inspected accordingly. Label inspection is performed simultaneously with general sidewall defect detection to inspect label attributes, position, skew and related common cosmetic defects.
- Base Inspection – provides inspection for commonly occurring base defects such as holes, opaque spots, foreign particles, un-melted material and related occurrences that can compromise bottle integrity. A built-in container handling system provides secure and safe transfer of bottles past the imaging components, for an unobstructed view of the base.
The latest vision and inspection technology is incorporated into the OptiCheck system, including high-resolution cameras and variable multi-spectrum LED lighting. Key features include touch screen operation, easy job setup, multiple adjustable ROI tools, digital image filtering and zone scaling as well as the ability to capture and hold a large set of images for evaluation or setup purposes.
Details on the OptiCheck system can be found on the Agr website by using the following link: http://bit.ly/176hVrl
Photo: Agr International, Inc.