ASB's headquarters is situated in Nagano prefecture. In the best location to enjoy abundant nature, we are watching the world from a distance. Our headquarters - located on a spacious 150,000 square meter site - is a factory in the hilltop forest at the foot of Mount Asama, 940 meters above sea level. This refreshing environment in the highland region not only offers comfort to customers visiting from all over the world but also provides an atmosphere for employees to expand and form pliant ideas.
ASB was founded in 1978 and is a pioneer of PET bottle molding machines. In the early 1970's, PET bottles became commercially viable in the U.S. and began circulating in Japan at the same time our company was established.
Our sales make up about 15%-20% of those of the entire PET bottle molding machine industry.
Reasons for purchasing an injection stretch blow molding machine when a direct blow molding machine is much more inexpensive:
- Bottles molded using injection stretch blow molding machines are superior in terms of lightness, strength and transparency. In addition, the cap has a very good fit with the bottle, preventing the contents from leaking. Direct blow molding machines cannot make certain types of bottles, such as bottles for carbonated beverages.
Reasons for choosing a one-step blow molding machine over a two-step blow molding machine:
- One-step blow molding machines are configured to make it difficult to put scratches on products during the bottle molding process. On the other hand, for two-step blow molding machines, because creating the preform and molding the bottle are two separate processes, the preform is likely to be damaged during preform transport process. Therefore, one-step blow molding machines are better for bottles where how they look are important (ie. for cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, etc.).
- They are also suitable for molding bottles with extreme shapes and great oblateness. A preform thickness with different circumferences for optimal bottle shapes can be achieved.
- They are suitable for unusual neck shapes and preform shapes, and wide-mouthed bottles.
- It can take care of handles added later and special handle designs.
- In addition, one-step blow molding machines are most suitable for molding from materials such as PP (polypropylene), PC (polycarbonate), etc.
Generally there are two steps to injection stretch blow molding. The first step is to injection mold preforms and the second step is to blow mold containers from the preforms. These two steps can be done in one machine in 1-step molding, or two different machines are required for 2-step molding. 1.5-step molding is a unique concept in between these two. ASB supports all three molding processes.
Finished containers are produced directly from plastic resin in one machine. The 1-step 4-station molding process is the core of ASB.
The original 1-step process developed by ASB.
By utilizing the residual heat from the preform injection molding process,
energy consumption of the 1-step process is dramatically lower than that required for 2-step molding. After injection molding, preforms are transported throughout the rest of the process by the lip cavity (neck split).
Necks and body parts never contact another preform with the result that visual quality of the finished containers are completely free from the scuff marks or blemishes that are a common feature of 2-step molding. And, because the preform stays within the machine, hygiene is assured.
The flexibility of the ASB Series conventional 1-step machines is ideally suited to extreme custom molding and non-PET applications.
Finished containers are produced directly from plastic resin in one machine. Preform molding and blow molding are divided for efficiency.
Unique concept by Nissei ASB, specialist of the 1-step system.
In designing the PF Series concept our engineers carefully looked at the advantages of the 1-step and 2-step manufacturing processes, broke them into individual elements, then re-combined them into the most efficient method yet devised for manufacture of PET containers.
In the “PF Series” machines, the preform is injection molded, partially cooled, temperature equalized,
re-heated and blown in what is termed a “cool parison” system. This concept, incorporates the advantages of both the 1-step and 2-step systems container molding methods in a unique bottle production system.
The practical result is a very compact injection clamp system at the preform injection station, while the blow station uses 2, 3 or 4 times less blow cavities to achieve a matching output.
This vastly reduces the mold investment cost when molding a variety of bottle shapes from common preforms.
Further simplification of the molds also results in vastly reduced downtime during mold changeover.
This process enhances heat-resistance of PET containers increasing usability. 2-step double blow heat-set technology from ASB.
2-Step for heat resistant containers
ASB has been continually developing and refining the double blow heat-setting method over more than two decades.
Containers produced by this method have unique properties that expand the uses of PET resin into new market segments.
- Heat-Set bottles and jars are commonly used for filling juices, teas, pickles,
- sauces and other bacteria sensitive products under pasteurized conditions.
- Typical filling and/or pasteurization temperatures will vary from 65 to 95°C* depending on the product to be filled.
- Heat-Setting can also be applied to returnable/refillable containers that need to be rinsed at high temperatures.
- This minimizes shrinkage and adds other advantages to the container such as improved stiffness and scratch resistance.
- Depending on the machine model used, up to 20 liter (5 US gallon) bottles can be molded.
? Maximum achievable temperatures are subject to container design and specification.
Nissei ASB Machine: World’s First Triple Row, One-Step ISBM Machine
DownloadsNo downloads available
Get in Touch
Nissei ASB Machine Co. Ltd.
4586-3 Koo, Komoro-Shi
Nissei ASB Company
1375 Highlands Ridge Road SE, Suite C
Smyrna, GA 30082
Tel: +1 404 699 7755 Fax: +1 404 696 9009E-Mail
Atlixco #115 Col. Hipodromo Condesa, Del. Cuauhtemoc
C. P. 06170 Mexico City
Tel: +52 55 5669 2117E-Mail
Rua Alvaro Rodrigues, 429
Brooklin – Sao Paulo CEP 04582-00
Tel: +55 11 3641 5353 Fax: +55 11 3834 9125E-Mail
Nissei ASB GmbH
Tel: +49 (0)211 94104 0 Fax: +49 (0)211 94104 39E-Mail
Poligono Industrial Vallegon, Pabellon 38
39709 Samano (Cantabria)
Tel: +34 942 87 1016 Fax: +34 942 86 7922E-Mail
ASB International Pvt. Ltd.
E-9, MIDC Industrial Area, Anand Nagar, Addl. Ambarnath District
Thane 421506, Maharashtra
Tel: +91 (0)251 262 5000/+91 (0)960 7940 691 to 698 Fax: +91 251 262 5035/5055E-Mail
85 Science Park Drive
1 Boon Leat Terrace, #08-03, Harbourside Building 1 Singapore 119843
Tel: +65 6778 4633 Fax: +65 6778 9440E-Mail
Jalan Pangeran Jayakarta No. 26A-18
Jakarta Pusat 10730
Tel: +62 (0)21 629 7978/5018 Fax: +62 (0)21 629 5010E-Mail
417, 2nd floor, Debaratna Road, Bangna Nuea, Bangna,
Tel: +66 (0)2 396 1170 Fax: +66 (0)2 396 1171E-Mail
Unit 2, The Shield, 33 Victoria Link, Route 21 Corporate Park
Nelmapius Drive, Irene Ext. 30 0062, 0157
Tel: +27 (0)12 345 4924E-Mail
P.O. Box 1252
Camberwell Victoria, 3124
Tel: +61 (0)418 312 386E-Mail
401, Progressive Square Plot 11-A
Block 6 P.E.C.H.S. Karachi 75400
Tel: +92 (0)21 3454 6533 Fax: +92 (0)21 3453 7469E-Mail
1703 Annapolis Wilshire Plaza, No.11 Annapolis Street, Greenhills
San Juan City, Metro Manila Phillippines 1500
Tel: +63 (0)2 725 4220 Fax: +63 (0)2 725 4203E-Mail
416, 418, 420, Ansal Chambers II, 6
Bhikaji Cama Place New Delhi 110 066
Tel: +91 (0)11 2618 1615/2619 4031 Fax: +91 (0)11 2619 4129E-Mail
4F, Century Plaza, 560-562, Anna Salai, Teynampet,
Chennai 600 018
Tel: +91 (0)44 2435 0110 Fax: +91 (0)44 2435 0110E-Mail
3F.-1, No.12, Ln. 609, Sec. 5, Chongxin Rd.
Sanchong Dist. New Taipei City 241
Tel: +886 (0)2 2995 7551 Fax: +886 (0)2 2995 7651E-Mail
Novel House, Plot 3, Block J
Otunba Jobi Fele Way Alausa CBD, Ikeja, Lagos
Tel: +234 (0)1 454 9208E-Mail
Jebel Ali Free Zone (South) Warehouse No. FZS1-BH06
P.O. Box 16789 Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 (0)4 886 0919 Fax: +971 (0)4 886 0918E-Mail
NITTO KOGYO CO., LTD.
2363-4 Minamijo, Sakaki-machi
Tel: +81 (0)268 82 2601 Fax: +81 (0)268 82 8678
1220 Hoya, Ueda-shi
Tel: +81 (0)268 28 1300 Fax: +81 (0)268 28 1310